Can the NHS help me with crowns and veneers following an accident?

I was involved in an RTA last February, I lost 1 tooth and had a lot of damage to my other 4 front teeth. The NHS dentist I went to did (in my opinion) a really poor job. They patched them up with filler, using two different types so they don’t even match! The sizes are wrong and the bridge he put in sticks out like a sore thumb. I had root canal on both my upper two front and and the damage on one was half the tooth missing. I’ve had to go back as the filler has come off twice. Surely I need crowns or veneers? I cannot afford to go private. Where do I stand getting this sorted on the NHS? I’m 31 and have taken really good care of my teeth, check ups every 6 months/brushing/flossing. I’ve never even needed a filling so this is all very upsetting.
Hello, thank you for your question. However, it is very difficult for me to answer this without seeing you for a consultation. I would suggest that you bring the issue with the restorations of your teeth up with the original dentist first, if he feels there is no more he can do personally, maybe ask him for a referral to a hospital. They will, in rare cases see patients with severe dental problems. Unfortunately the only other option I can see if these fail is private dentistry or a different NHS dentist. I’m sorry that this has happened and I hope you get a resolution to this.
dr hussein shaffie

Dr Hussein Shaffie

The Sandford Dental Implant and Cosmetic Centre
306 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 8AA
Web: Tel: 02083037051
Email: [email protected]

View My Profile Dr Shaffie

Leave a Reply