Should I visit my dentist if the gum around my widom tooth is swollen and sore?

my wisdom tooth on the left hand side has been coming through for over 1 year now but this last week the gum around the wisdom tooth has become very swollen i cant actually open my mouth to eat and trying to get a toothbrush in my mouth is sooo painful. do you think i would go to my dentist ?
The immediate visit to dentist is necessary if there is any evidence of pain, increased temperature, or there are problems with opening of mouth or swallowing. This can be due to inflammation which if left unattended will lead to further complications. Sometimes it is helpful to calm inflammation by improving oral hygiene with the irrigation with mouth washes containing chlorhexidine.
dr kailesh solanki

Dr Kailesh Solanki

Kissdental – UK Practice of the Year 2007
157 Woodsend Road, Flixton, Manchester, M41 8GN.
2 New Street, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 2QS.
13 Stanley Street, Manchester, M8 8SH.
Web: Tel: 0161 748 5250

View My Profile Dr Solanki

September 30th, 2012 at 08:47 PM
Azul Says :

And one more thing If it ever happens again, mix salt and baknig SODA (not powder) and make a paste out of it with water. Soak a cotton ball in it for a second and place that on the area with the infection. It will burn like hell for about 5 minutes but after that, the pain is gone. Even better, it draws the infection out so it can be drained.3 drops of clove oil and 2 drops of olive oil, soak a cotton ball, place it, instant pain relief but wont help infection.

October 10th, 2012 at 08:47 PM
Oscar Says :

Hey I had a root canal done 6-7 years ago one my upper middle right tooth. Last week the crown and some filing came out. Now it feels some gap between 2nd and 4th teeth. The teeth feels half. It doesnt hurt right now, but am worried should I do some treatment over it. – I just hope it doesn’t make it worse. I do brush my teeth twice a day. Let me know your opinion. and should I visit a dentist right away ? Thanks

October 10th, 2012 at 08:47 PM
Kylan Says :

I would recommend you visit a dentist urgently to get this treated.

Leave a Reply