Default invisalign and bad crowns

Hi,

My two front teeth used to be overlapping since I was a kid, and 4 years ago a dentist suggested that I fix that with crowns instead of braces (bad idea but it's too late now). I feel that my teeth are not aligned properly and I want to align them with invisalign. The crowns are joint so the two front teeth have to be moved together. Is it possible to apply invisalign in this condition?

In case that is not possible, is there a way crowns can be fixed and separated?

Also, the line between the crowns and my gum doesn't look natural at all. Is this always the case, or can you make it look natural?
    The color of my gum around the crowns is also darker than the normal color, which is scaring me.

Now that I know crowns are not my favorite, is there an alternative to fix my filed teeth later on other than implants?

I will visit for a full examination in october as I am not in the UK now, but I want to know if there is hope for me!

Hi

1. If you wanted invisalign then the crowns would have to be separated, therefore they would have to be removed and temporary crowns placed. Then you could go ahead with invisalign treatment, once this is completed then new cosmetic crowns would be placed

2. you say that the crown margins are dark. this can be due to gum recession overtime exposing the metal margin of the crown. therefore for a great aesthetic result all ceramic crowns may be an option

3. you say the colour of your gums is darker. it is very difficult to say what is the cause of this without a full consult.

4. implants are a last result and are considered only if the teeth are to be extracted.

Don't think about the worse case scenario!

Of course it is impossible to give you a treatment plan without a clinical and radiographical examination

best of luck

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Thanks for the answer
    Looking forward to be examined and treated!

It is very important to ensure quality work is done and the result is right this time. Ask to see examples of your dentists work

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Sure! I will be careful this time