Thread: Please help

Default Please help

Hi. I am in desperate need of a smile makeover - I have a really big fear of the dentist, and in addition haven't taken care of my teeth properly at all, resulting in them being really decayed and some broken. I've been reading up on different options & looking at smile galleries and researching into getting a complete smile makeover as I really need to do something about this asap - am fed up of this affecting my life. I've been accepted for a £10,000 loan, do you think this will be enough to make a difference? I really don't want full dentures, but is it possible to have crowns/bridges in the front with either dentures or mini implants in the back?

Thanks

Dear Cari,

Without a full consultation it is very difficult to say how much treatment may cost. You may find that you do not need the full amount of the loan for which you have been accepted or it may not be enough.

Quite often complex dentistry can be done in stages to make the whole process more comfortable and affordable for you. There is no reason why different treatment modalities can be used. In fact, I often use numerous disciplines to deliver what is required, it is wuite normal.

I applaud you for seeking help, I understand how distressing everything can be, especially if you have not seen a dentist for a while. Rest assured that quality dentistry will be like nothing you have ever experienced before

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Smile

Thank you so much for the above - I've since visited 3 separate private dentists, and have researched as much as possible. I've had 3 separate quotes, but am finding the quote seems to directly relate to the type of dentist. For example, the cheapest was not a nice man, tutted and lectured me, then said he could have it done in one visit (i figured that wasn't a good sign whereby everyone else was telling me it would be little and often over the next 6 months!). I also explained I was a nervous patient, and would it be possible to listen to some music while he's working on my teeth, when I was met with once again a tut and a frown. Needless to say, I won't be going with him!! Anyway, I digress, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the reassurance - it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be: )

I'm glad you found it to be a better experience than you thought. Music is a fantastic way to get treatment done! I have noise cancelling headphones for anyone who wants to listen to music. DVD glasses are also cool

Quality dentistry is nothing like what you have experienced previously and I hope you are happy with who you choose and the results you get. Best of luck!

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy