Default implants........what do i need?

I was just after some help and your advice for the best route to slove the problem i have. Im not too sure on what work needs to be done to my teeth, but i think i need two implants.

What happened was when i was younger i knocked out my front tooth and now several years later i want this corrected. The trouble is there is no gap for an implant, i have been told that it can be sorted by e mailing other doctors, but i want a real expert opinion and the best way to start sorting it out.

Thank you for your time.

Mitchell

Hi

We have seen many patients like you who have missing teeth and overtime the gap has reduced, meaning that there is no space for an implant. In cases like this, braces may be an option as this will allow to open up the space for implants.

It is very difficult to say whether this is an option for you as well, as a clinical and radiographical examination is necessary to make up a treatment plan for your case.

Best of Luck

Raha
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 11-25-2008 at 07:55 AM.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Thank you for your reply,

I have been emailing a few other dentist and was told by one - The best solution is:
    exctraction the big tooth, and file 2 teeth left and 2 teeth right, to create a space and replace 2 front teeth in the good position in ceramic material ,2 regular front teeth.

Could this work too?

mitch

This sounds like you are talking about a fixed bridge.

This is an option. There are advantages and disadvantages for all options.

If you look at the home page of the cosmetic guide you will find considerable amount of info on fixed bridges.

Good luck!
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009