Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Default six months smile update

Hi,
    I have sent a private message to all everybody who has asked for my dentists details, I hope this is of some help to you all.

I have now had my brace on for 12 weeks and my teeth are looking fantastic!! very straight. I was initially told the treatment would take aprox 8 months but my teeth have moved very quickly so it might not take as long.

I have no regrets at all, it is well worth every penny.

Carol

Hi Carol
    Would you also be able to let me know where you are having your six month smile?
    Thanks

Default dentist details

Hi Lisa,
    I have sent you a private message with my dentists details, let me know if you don't recieve it.

carol

Thanks Carol

I'm not sure if it sent when i replied to you but they are also my dentist and i am paying £1695.

How are you finding the braces now? Would you say they are very visible? Did it take long to adjust to having them? I'm very excited about having them in and can't wait to see the results, my dentist said it should take around 6 to 7 months.

Thanks
    Lisa

Default six months smile

Hi Lisa,
    everything is going great with my brace, I've had it nearly 13 weeks now and my teeth are very straight already, they moved really quickly.
    There is some discomfort when you first have it fitted but this settles down after a few weeks, also everytime I visit my dentist and have any adjustments made there is again a little discomfort for a few days.

I soon got used to wearing my brace and most of the time now I don't even think about it, I was initially worried that everybody would be able to see it and would be commenting on it,I can honestly say that only one person has asked me if I have a brace. We have just returned from a 2 week holiday and my brace is barely visible on my photographs and I am smiling on all of them.

I am so pleased that I went ahead with having my brace fitted and I have no regrets at all, it's worth the discomfort and 7 or 8 months isn't a long time., before I know it I my brace will have been removed.

Carol

Hi Carol

That is great. I am so excited at having them done, how long does it take to have them actually fitted? I also wanted to ask is it so painful that i may need time off work? As i am considering to take annual leave in case it is unbearable! I work in an office, where i do answer phones etc. Also, can you still drink/eat anything, or do you find you are brushing your teeth a lot more/checking your braces for food etc?

I'm glad they are going well for you, how long until you are done now?

Thanks
    Lisa

Default six months smile

Hi Lisa,
    it took an hour to have my brace fitted and it was not painfull in any way, the next day there was some discomfort, my teeth felt loose and ached a little. Chewing is difficult for a couple of weeks, I just ate soup and soft food until the discomfort wore off. I don't think you will need to have time off work, I just took a couple of painkillers in the morning for the first few days. I clean my teeth quite a few times a day anyway so it doesn't bother me having to clean my teeth everytime I eat.
    You will soon get used to your brace, I found that rubbing a little vasaline onto my gums above my brace before I went to bed helped because my mouth gets dry in the night when the weather is warm and my brace was rubbing the inside of my mouth. The wax is also helpfull, I used to roll a small amount into a ball and mould it onto the part of my brace that was making my mouth sore, I haven't had to do this for about 8 weeks and this is my 15th week of wearing my brace.
    Both my daughters have worn braces in the last few years and this has been a great help to me because they have given me advise and put my mind at rest. When I first had my brace fitted I thought it would never settle down and that my mouth would be sore throughout my treatment, but it does settle down and the results are fantastic, as soon as you see your teeth straightening you will know it is worth the effort.
    I'm not sure how much longer I will have to wear my brace but I do know I am half way or more through my treatment, I'm used to my brace now and I hardly think about it.
    Let me know how you get on when you have your brace fitted, you have nothing to worry about and it'll be worth the effort in the end.

Carol

Default dentist details

Hi Carol,

Is it possible you could send me the details of your dentist please? How are you getting on now?

My dentist suggested that I would need some of my teeth 'filed' down at the sides a little to create space to move the teeth into position. They said it was normal. Did you have this done?

Many thanks,
    David

Default dentist details

Hi Carol - could you please give me your dentist contact details too?

I am desperately trying to find a suitable dentist, i went to one dentist who suggested the 6 month smile brace and went to another who said the six month smile brace wont work on my teeth as they are severly crowded and suggested i have bridge work done.

Its all so disheartening and disappointed - seems you just can't get a straight answer.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Six Months Smile

Hi,

I have sent you both a private message with my dentist details.

I have had my brace on 16 weeks now and I am more than half way through my treatment, the results are fantastic. My dentist has had to file between my teeth 3 times, this is normal as it is how he creates the space for my teeth to move. The first time I had it done was when my brace was fitted and my dentist filed between all my front teeth, the next couple of times he only did it where required, it is not painfull and there is no discomfort.

Carol