Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Default Need your help

Quote Originally Posted by carolamy View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a six months smile brace fitted, I have had my consultation, impressions and xray done and I am just waiting to have my brace to be fitted, it should take 8 months to straighten my teeth. My consultation was free but if I wanted to proceed I had to pay £100 for the xray and impressions, this money has now been deducted from my total costs because I am proceeding with the treatment. My dentist charges roughly the same for the Inman Alligner and the six months smile which is going to cost me £1500, I could not believe how affordable the treatment is.

Carol
    Hi Carol,

Could you please send me the details of your dentist as £1,500 for 6 month braces sounds like a great deal.
    Also could you share with me the challenges you've been facing while wearing them (i.e. all the stuff that dentist don't tell you)..

Many thanks,
    Monika

Default six months smile

Hi Monika,
    if you read my reply to Lisa dated 24/09/2009 it will tell you all you need to know about my experience of having my brace fitted and how I have coped with wearing it for the last 17 weeks. It is an honest account of my experience, yes there is some discomfort when you first have the brace fitted and sometimes when it is adjusted but it is worth the effort.

I will send you a private message with my dentists details but I understand from Lisa that the price has increased slightly.

Carol

Hi Carol
    Please send your details to me as well!
    I'm just starting to investigate the options available to me for braces.
    I had when I was younger and relapsed.
    From reading through articles, it sounds like Inman Aligners might be for me but know I need consultation first.
    Therefore just wanting to know who you consulted.
    There is way too much price discrepancy between dentists which is why I wanted to get a spread of quotes and they push their own products of course so need to ensure I have got prices on Invisalign, Clearstep, Invu and 6month-smile products - as well as any alternatives.
    Thanks

Hi Carol

Thanks for your posts earlier. I have had my brace fitted since 18th September (I'm in my 6th week now!) and all is well so far.

It took around 50 minutes for the dentist to fit my brace and you are correct - it is not painful in any way, just a little uncomfortable which is to be expected. The first week I had them in was quite painful on the inside of my mouth where the brackets would rub, a bit of bonjela and wax sorted that out. After the first week, everything has been fine, my teeth do sometimes feel a little sore, but not painful. I guess this just means they are working! I went back after 4 weeks to have them adjusted and my teeth felt a little achy after but they are fine again now. I havent really seen much of a difference yet however the dentist did explain at my initial consultation that I would start noticing a difference after the 3rd or 4th month.

How are your braces now? Do you have a date when they are coming off yet?

Thanks for your help

Lisa

Default six months smile

Hi Lisa,
    I'm glad to hear that you have had your brace fitted and that everything is going well. My teeth must have moved really quickly as they started moving within days of having my brace fitted, every patient is different.
    I haven't got a date yet for my brace to come off, it's been on for 21 weeks now and I'm having final adjustments made to my teeth. I was initially told 8 months, I've got so used to having my brace now that it doesn't matter to me how long I have it on for I just want my teeth to be straight and stay that way.

Thanks for keeping me updated, I'll let you know how I get on when I go back in 3 weeks, I might know by then when my brace is coming off.

Carol

Smile 6 month smile

Hi Carol

Could you PLEASE mail me the details of the dentist you used.

Many thanks Eve

Default six months smile

Hi Elysha,

I have sent you a private message with my dentists details.

Carol

Default six months smile

Hi,

I thought i would update everybody with my progress, I have now had my brace removed and my teeth are straight and look lovely. I can now smile with confidence without worrying if people can see my crooked teeth.
    I have had a fixed retainer fitted to the back of my front teeth and I have a removable retainer to wear at night and to use if my fixed retainer gets damaged.
    I am really pleased with the results and would reccommend this treatment to anybody wanting their front teeth straightening.

Carol

Hi Carol

I am so pleased you are happy with the results. How was the experience of having them taken off? Did it hurt? How long did you have them on in total, was it the 8 months that you expected?
    How are you finding the fixed retainers? Are they just glued to the back of your teeth and do they distract you at all? What aftercare service is provided?
    I am currently 15 weeks into my treatment so hopefully I am now half way in. I can definately see a difference now. My teeth weren't crooked, however I had very long canines (fangs) and they have been visibly pushed now and further back. I can't wait to see the end result.

Hope you had a fantastic Christmas, and a happy new year to you

Lisa

Default six months smile

Hi Lisa,

It didn't hurt having my brace off but it does feel and sound like your teeth are being crushed! they arn't it's just the glue that is fixing the brace to your teeth.
    The fixed retainer is glued to back of my teeth and will stay there forever, it may need replacing from time to time but it will keep my teeth in place all the time. The fixed retainer is not uncomfortable either and eating is no problem, you just have to make sure you clean it properly when you clean your teeth. I also have a removable retainer to wear every night for 6 months and then 3 nights a week after that. This is to keep my back teeth in place and to be used as a backup if my fixed retainer gets damaged.
    I had my brace fitted for just over 7 months, it seemed to drag at first but before you know it your brace will be coming off too. I hope you are as pleased with the results as I am.

All the best for the new year

Carol