Default Invisalign v 6 month smile

Hi,
    I've now had consultations with 4 dentists and I'm still none the wiser! I have an overlapping front tooth and a crowded bottom canine (I think that's what it is - the long pointy one lol)
    My dentist (who is lovely) has just started doing Invisalign and I've had an initial meeting with him, the next step would be to pay the £500 for moulds, x rays etc.
    My fiance found details of 6 month smile on the internet and I've been looking into that too now, I had another consultation with a dentist (who is about 90 mins drive away) and paid £65 for photos, moulds and x rays for 6 month smile.
    I've not had the results yet but on first impression he seemed to think that my first option would be damon braces, then 6 month smile, then invisalign, but knowing I'd go to my local dentist for invisalign, not sure if this was way down the list because of that.
    My reason for wanting to get this done now is I'm getting married next September and don't mind if I'm not completely finished by then but want there to be a big improvement.
    Also, how do you clean your teeth with these braces on? I've never had to have braces and it's a whole new world for me??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I need to get started with something asap, also keen to hear from anyone who's got either of these braces for feedback.
    Interestingly there wasn't actually much difference in the cost between the two, which I was surprised at.
    Many thanks
    pinky

Hi

Unfortunately it is impossible to give suggestions without looking at the models and xrays. Damon braces is a form of comprehensive orthodontic treatmentt which can take upto 2 years. With Damon braces the time is reduced aswelll as the number of times visiting the dentist.

6 months smiles treatments are generally used for patients who do not want to go down comprehensive treatment and want to focus only on the front teeth, therefore not correcting the bite.

Invisalign is acceptable in certain cases but is limited to the movements it can achieve. In complex cases it generally takes longer than the above.

I hope this helps.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Many thanks, I've now had the results back and apparently I'm not suitable for 6 month smile so would like to go ahead with Invisalign, I don't really want to pay out again for all the moulds, x rays etc if I'm not going to be suitable for that too, what do you think the odds are? and am I entitled to get my moulds etc to take to another dentist? I realise this is probably a no but I found the process of taking them quite horrific and really don't want to have to go through it again even if I still have to pay???
    Thanks
    Pinky

If you are going to have the treatment by one of the dentist who has taken the xray and moulds then you shouldnt require any more (this is of course dependable on the original xrays taken) But if you wish invisalign you will have to get diiferent types of impressions taken to be sent to invisalign.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009