Thread: canine teeth

Default canine teeth

hi, okay im new to the site, decided to join as im 23yrs old and i have been wanting to go to the dentist to seek advice on what i can do about my canine teeth as they are both raised above the rest of my teeth and i am very self concious about them and want to no is there anything i can do about it now?
    when i was in my teens i was advised by the dentist to have braces and was also told i would have my wisdom teeth cut out from beneath my gums to make room for them to move which scared me half to death, and in result i still have them now
    i was told after 16yrs there wont be nothing they can do, but i see alot of adults with braces and im wondering if they can still move down at all now with the help of braces, i just wanted to get a rough idea of my options, i admitt im quite nervous of goin to the dentist and havnt been for probably 8yrs now, i think my teeth are in quite good condition but im definatly not happy cosmectic wise, and want to do somthing........

Simple answer, yes you can have braces. And it sounds like you are suitable for them! For the movement required it sounds like you may be suitable for Invisalign braces. My oldest client in any form of bracework is 64, the point being you are never too old for braces.

I would recommend a full consultation of course, to ensure you do not have any other problems.

Hope this answers your questions, feel free to private message me if you have any specific questions you want to ask

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy