Default Canine teeth protruding higher than the rest

I have a question on behalf of a girl of eleven regarding a protruding cuspid, that is higher than the rest. She is scared of medical stuff, as her mother is on medication, so I told her I would find out as much as possible, and look to reasure her on what to do.
    Her friends at school say she will have braces. I am a total novice to dentistry, and indeed at 41 half my back teeth have cracked off and I havent seen a dentist or doctor scince 7 years old, so can sympathise with her fears, (although, Apart from some pain I seem to be in good health).
    It would be good if someone could offer some advice as to what is happening in her mouth, and any thoughts or advice on what to do. Please do not think I will jump to do whatever is offered, as I realise you can never be sure without a detailed survey of the situation and indeed the patient, I am just looking for opinions, and to reasure her that she is not allone and that people put a lot of thuoght and attention to this sort of thing. And hopefully that she has nothing to worry about, or some possibilities of what to do about it.
    Thanks.

It is unlikely that at such a tender age its anything to be overly concerned about.

You are right on the money that a full consultation is needed but it does sound like she may need braces. The sooner a consultation is arranged the better in my humble opinion.

May I also suggest a consultation for yourself. I appreciate your concerns but very few dental problems give pain. One of the most important things we do as dentists is an oral cancer screening, which should be done every 6 months without fail. I do not mean to scare you my friend but I am concerned about your oral health if it has truly been that long since you have seen a dentist.

Rest assured that quality dentistry is nothing like any care you have received in the past, and there are superb sedation options available for anxious clients

I hope this answers your questions

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default Canine teeth protruding higher than the rest

Thank you for the super fast reply, I shall pass this on. How do these braces fit, as it is evident that other teeth are already grown in the way of any potential straps; well as far as I can see in my present ignorance, but I feel sure you can probably enlighten me.
    As far as my teeth are concerned; There certainly was pain as they cracked to bits and the nerves rotted out, it seemed that there are three nerves in each tooth as after three traumatic agony sessions per tooth, all seems good, and I still seem to have remaining stumps to bolt something to.
    This was a bit of research for me, and I would advise anyone reading this not to follow my example, as the pain certainly cost thousands to untolds in lost earnings due to the inability to concerntrate properly, not to mention the inevitable being mistaken for an idiot!
    With regards to cancer, well I think you have valid concerns, as in britain we have plenty of polution, and radioactive power stations, but prevention is better than cure, and I hope to have enough faith to see the demise of both these abominations, and believe the strength in this will help to protect me, but I have gone to extremes to be no part of it and so keep a strong psycological barrier together.

There are a number of braces available, from train track style braces, to invisible ones to the fast working Inman aligner. All have their ups and downs and I can't say which one would be most suitable without a consultation

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Thanks, I shall continue to "google" about these braces, as I'm still a bit confused about exactly how they work, and will probably need some pictures.
    Did school run, so hoping for more research from the children as well.
    Cheers,
    Malarky.

I don't think you will get the information as to how they work from google. The mechanics are quite complex. My suggestion would be to get in with a reputable dentist who can make the appropriate treatment plans or referral
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pav Khaira View Post
    I don't think you will get the information as to how they work from google. The mechanics are quite complex. My suggestion would be to get in with a reputable dentist who can make the appropriate treatment plans or referral
    Ok, sounds good, next plot will be to actualy get her to last through the whole consultation. I wouldn'nt be suprised if I pop up again with regards to this!
    If I find any highly informative stuff on the net, I'll post; otherwise I hope some of your forum members will post some first hand experiences.

Thanks again for your forum, I'll leave you to your valued work for now.
    Malarky.

May I ask what concerns her about medical procedures? I may be able to offer advice. Where abouts are you based?
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com