Default Need urgent advice re: daughter

Please can you help me? My 10 yr old daughter has seen our orthodentist for 2 appointments in the last year but he is still not recommending a treatment plan. Our dentist referred her 18 months ago, she used to suck her thumb and it has caused quite a large overbite for the poor thing and now her front teeth are really protruding.

The orthodentist saw her again today and measured her overbite at 10 mm!! I think that's really quite extreme so I was horrified when he told me that no action was to be taken yet and bring her back in 12 months time! I really would like her to get a treatment plan now but is she too young? He did say nearly all her adult teeth are through, and that at her age normally only 50% of adult teeth was normal so she is way ahead of where she should be in terms of dental maturity so I thought maybe they would be more inclined to offer her a brace.

He said I was entitled to seek a 2nd opinion. I am wondering wehther the fact that she is down on the NHS list as to whether that is why they are in no hurry to treat her but then again maybe they don't offer braces to 10 yr olds? He implied it is more usual to be between 12-15 yrs of age but my poor daughter is now physcologicaly affected as she feels she has a horrid smile and I would like to help her sooner rather than later, even if that means going private.

Please help, any opinions or thoughts would be gratefully received, will going private help her or should I just wait until she's older and go NHS?? Thank you for reading!

get a 2nd opinion
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)