I’m 19 And I Get Bullied For Having Large Gums. Would I Get Gingival Contouring On The NHS?

Hi Andrew, I hope you can help me. I’m 19 years of age and for most years of my life I have been bullied for having large gums and a gummy smile. I’ve looked into it and seen about the Gingival contouring, but with my gums been as big as they are I’m wondering how much it would be or whether I’d be able to get it on the NHS? I’d appreciate it if you could help me as it’s something I really need sorting as it’s affecting my confidence. Thanks.
Hello. You could ask your dentist for a referral to an NHS gum specialist as you might be able to have this done in a teaching hospital if not you might need to pay as this type of procedure can be classed as cosmetic. It depends how urgent you want the procedure. The waiting lists for teaching hospitals can be lengthy. If you don’t want to wait the best thing is to check local clinic websites, as most will have a price list for each type of procedure. Good luck with this, Dr Andrew Moore.
dr andrew moore

Dr Andrew Moore

Advance Dental Clinic
104 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JG
Web: www.advancedentalclinic.com Tel: 08443 87 87 88

View My Profile Dr Moore

Leave a Reply