How Can I Correct My Gummy Smile?

I am 18 years old and my front teeth are a little forward. I got my braces off 2 years ago after the braces were off I had straight teeth and a beautiful smile. but I didn’t wear a retainer and after 2 years my teeth relapsed completely. The orthodontist gave me a retainer but that retainer hurt too much and my teeth move downward, my palate became narrow and my face also become narrow and asymmetric. Then I stopped wearing the retainer after 2 months and now I have a gummy smile and my teeth look longer. I go to a cheap orthodontist and asked him, but he cut down my front 6 teeth and made them too short. Now I hate my smile. Can you tell me how I can grow my teeth height back and correct the gummy smile please? 
Hi, thank you for your question. A gummy smile is very difficult to correct even with surgery. If the teeth are too short you could consider bonding the incisal edges or place veneers. You’ll need to find an experienced cosmetic dentist for a full assessment. Kind regards, Andrew. 
Dr Andrew Moore Advance Dental Clinic 104 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JG Web: Tel: 08443 87 87 88 View My Profile Dr Moore

Leave a Reply