Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: White Again Ltd

Without knowing what is the active ingredient it is difficult to comment
    other than to say that the only whitening agents to use should contain
    carbamide peroxide (usually from 10% up to 16%, although sometimes as
    much as 22%). This releases hydrogen peroxide which does the whitening.
    These should be in the form of a gel that is best applied in a close
    fitting tray (similar to a thin mouth guard) made by a dentist. The
    Inman aligner will not retain the gel but a clear aligner or retainer
    will be ok, but you need to check the active ingredient

Regards

David Bloom
    Past President BACD
    Accredited member BACD

cid:[email protected]

Senova Dental Studios
    10 Beechen grove,Watford,
    Herts. WD17 2AD
    United Kingdom T: 01923 233600
    F: 01923 440041
    E: [email protected]
    W: www.senovadental.com
    Dr David Bloom BDS

Default white again

That company were at the Xpose Live Exhibition in the RDS last weekend and were offering the product for €50. The sales girl was getting people to try it on their teeth using a cotton bud and then didnt have any facilites to clean out your mouth with after. I was handed a tissue! They claimed that they are the manufactures of the product and they supply dentists and therefore are licenced to sell the product, it seemed a bit dodgey to me, or at least unethical!

They may be licensed to sell the product to dentists but no more. It'd be interesting to know the result of the screening they should have conducted for oral cancer, gum disease and decay. When people look for the cheapest product they will get a cheap and sometimes dangerous result. Would these people practice laser eye surgery on themselves so save money?!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default White Again

The approach above is exactly same method as the sales girls used at The Ideal Home Exhibition. You have to ask yourself if indeed it is worth using this as it could cause or harm than good. My teeth are not too bad so I have decided not to use it but to save up and see a dentist for the professional whitening kit.

DON'T BUY THIS STUFF. £30.00 May be cheap but it's still £30 ! Why do the organisers of these big Exhibitions allow these people to sell these products ?? I actually emailed the organiser to ask this question but got no reply.

JK

Default BBC Summer Food Show

Hi All

I went to the BBC Summer Food Show at the NEC yesterday (19th June 2010) and bought this same product for £30.00
    They will also be there today I imagine.

I can't comment on the whitening effect as I have only used it one day but looking back, yes I agree it did seem a bit dodgy.
    No receipt,
    Can't find the stall name in the Programme booklet
    The writing on the actual bottle is so tiny I had to use my magnifying glass to read it.....

Apart from other ingredients, it says Carbamide Peroxide 0.1%

The blonde girl with the "great teeth" said you don't have to use it all straight away and that it should last three years if kept refrigerated but the expiry date is May 2011... silly me!

I have managed to trace the address from the internet and it is here if anyone wants it:
    WHITE AGAIN (PROMOTIONS) LTD,
    54 GRANARY WAY
    SALE
    MANCHESTER
    M33 4GF

Interestingly, I tracked the company's records at company house and the company was dissolved !
    What a surprise. Here is the link....

https://secure.creditgate.com/search/search.aspx?AP=Full%20Non-Limited&CompanyID=05812670&CompanyType=L&BS=1&BT=Full%20Data

I will also be contacting the organisers to ask why such companies are allowed to trade
    Would the person who posted earlier and had a phone number for them please post this here so we can all give them a call
    thanks.

i purchased the same product at the clothes show live on sunday 27th June and after reading the posts I am slightly concerned.

I used the product once already, but I am not too sure to continue using it until someone can convince me otherwise.

Surely they would not be allowed a stand at major exhibitions if they were not well-known and trustworthy.

I feel like such a fool for falling for their sales pitch but I really wanted to believe in the product as I am quite self-conscious of my slightly stained teeth from too much tea!

Has anyone had a positive experience with this product? Should I continue using it? Could it cause any long-term damage?

HELP!

Default White again

uh oh, I bought the White Again gel at the NEC in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. It was at the BBC Food and Gardens show.

Sounds like I had the same sales woman as the rest of you as she said the same story about supplying all the dentists with the gel, it was very safe but effective, would last for 2 years in the fridge etc.

She also used a cottonwool bud to rub some gel directly onto a couple of my front teeth so we could see it fizzing and working, then offered me a paper tissue to wipe it off. She said it would really whiten my teeth for a bargain price, as it would cost hundreds at the dentist. I paid £40 for it!

I now see (using a magnifying glass as the print is almost microscopic!) that the gel only contains 0.1% of the carbide stuff. Could any dentists please advise as to whether that is enough to effectively whiten the teeth?

On the White Again website (which only consists of a single static page) it mentions that concentrations of differing percentages are available, up to a max of 30 something percent. Does this mean my 0.1% gel is useless?

It asks potential customers to telephone or email for details, theres no other way of getting any real info from the single webpage.

Like other posters here, I question whether the organisers of the events this company sells its goods at should be letting them have stands if they are illegal / unethical / possibly dangerous.

Default White Again

I bought this product nearly two years ago at the Clothes Show and I have since purchased another online. The results I have had have been fantastic, it took around 1-2 months to notice a significant change and now I only need to use the product once every 2 weeks to maintain the desired effect.

I have suffered no problems with it, I do have slightly sensitive teeth and use Sensodine enamel to keep this at bay as you are not meant to use whitening toothpaste with this product.

I use a rubber tooth guard as I agree the strips are quite fiddly but I only started using this after about a year of using the strips. Everyone has noticed the difference in my teeth and always compliment me.

The women who sell the product I beleive have had their teeth laser whitened as my teeth are no way as bright as theirs but are certainly approx 8-10 shades lighter than they were before.

The product does need to be stored in a fridge so it does not deactivate - my advice is to perseviere and you will see results!

0.1% carbamide will do absolutely nothing even with time. The carbamide is broken down into it's active component and it significantly weaker in strength than the original stated 0.1% and this is several hundred if not thousand times less concentrated than the required amount to achieve whitening as per scientific literature!!

If you are looking for cheap options I would not hope for good results
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

hi there,

i brought this product 5 years ago at salon international and have found it amazing. i binned the strips and just use a thermo setting gum shield.
    it is not illegal to sell teeth whitening gels as long as they dont apply them, and as long as they are under 0.01% hydrogen peroxide. this is why boots and places can sell them.
    the reps for white-again do not apply the gel to your teeth, they put it on to the strip and you apply it yourself;
    this is also how mobile whitening works...you apply yourself.
    i have done alot of research into this as i am in the beauty industry. no one outside of the dentist profession would prescribe these gels (they are also used to resuce gum imflamation),
    teeth whitening is for cosmetic perposes only...it makes you look and feel great.
    of course white-again is a legit company and has been around for years...do you think professional beauty shows would allow them to have a trade stand if they werent a professional company?

i hope this helps,
    tam