Thread: Inman Alingner

Talking Inman Alingner

Hi just got my inman fitted 3 days ago. Is it normal that I cant close my teeth fully when chewing as the grip on the back of my teeth to hold the brace is stopping my bottom teeth from going any further.

It says on the website that you wear it a maximun 20 hours a day is that true? Or do they mean minimum?

Reading through some of the posts it's assuring that some people are experiencing the same feeling as I am.

I'm a bit worried by one post though ( the only one i could see with final results ) that he was unhappy with the results as it made one tooth look longer than the other? Can this not be filed down to match the other one?

You should remove the aligner when eating, chewing with it in can cause damage to the aligner. It is also recommended that you remove the aligner for a few hours per day, so 20 hours is about right.

Do remember that although the aligner is good, there are certain tooth movements it cannot produce and you may need some clear aligners at the end of treatment to finalise tooth movement.

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thank you for the reply. I alway take the Aligner out when eating. The pointwas that when i take it out the cement at the back of one of my teeth is preventing my jaw from closing fully as it's stopping my botton teeth from going any further is this normal that the cement is positioned in such a way to prevent your bottom teeth from hitting your top teeth ?

This sounds quite normal, it's not always possible to position the button out of the bite. This will be removed at the end of treatment. In the meantime you'll have to do the best you can!

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Smile

Thanks again for the reply. 1 week in and it's a lot easier less pain and speech is getting way better.