Thread: camlog implants

Question camlog implants

2 and a half years ago I went to Budapest to have extensive cosmetic work done. I won't go into details now (unless anyone wants to know). I had numerous extractions, bone grafting, sinus lift and 5 Camlog implants (3 at the upper front and 2 at the upper back) with more planned on my 2nd visit. The experience was horrific and I was too afraid to go back and finish the work so have lived with the temporary front teeth and only one back tooth ever since.

Last week the temps fell off and I had to find a dentist to fix them back on again. I am terribly phobic and the dentist who did the refit today was great. I am going to go back to see him next week to discuss if I can move my treatment forward. I never got to ask him (in my haste to get away!!) if its possible to finish off the already placed implants. From the xrays it looks as if they have healing screws on. Will he have to get abutments (?) from Camlog or will other makes of abutments fit? Or will they have to come out? PLEASE say they won't have to come out

Great site and forum by the way.

if your implants are in and fully healed integrated there shouldnt be a problem you dentist will just need to find an abutment that will fit or have custom abutments made. However if you do not have joy with your current dentist it may be worth seeing somebody that is highly experienced in placing dental implants. Good luck and let us know how you get on
    admin

Your dentist will also have to check that they actually are Camlog implants, many "dental tourism" clinics offer one kind of implant and place cheaper ones in order to reduce costs and increase profitability.

As long as the implants have healed well and are placed in the correct position, Admin is correct that your dentist may be able to use them

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks admin and Dr Pav. I think they are genuine Camlog as I have a little book with the little Camlog stickers in. It has the batch numbers etc, kind of like when the Vet fills in your dogs innoculation booklet!!

I seem to remember reading somewhere on here of someone who had the wrong abutments fitted to the implant and had problems. How likely is this if Camlog abutments are not fitted? Will it be reasonably easy to find replacements, either Camlog or Other? What is the likely cost of either do you think? Maybe I can come to see you Dr Pav. You are just up the road from me I see!!
    Last edited by amalaydee; 11-17-2009 at 09:00 AM.

If they are genuine camlog implants is should be fairly straight forward to get the appropriate attachments. As I mentioned before, as long as the implants have integrated and are in the correct position it should be possible to use them

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Thanks Dr Pav. Most helpful as always.

UPDATE. I've been back to the dentist today and I'm left feeling rather flat to be honest. His plan essentially was to make some permanent front teeth in the form of a bridge using either porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. He said that the implants that were in situ already were in a good position and had been done well. He said the temps that I had were very good, in that they had been made very well to cover up that I have an underbite (EEEEK!!) The good news was that of the teeth I have left, they are in good condition. Of the camlog implants, he does believe them to be genuine camlog, but that he has asked around his circle of dentist pals and none of them have even heard of camlog. He said that the problem was that they would need special tools to fit the abutments and he does not have them nor know of anyone who does - as he would have asked if he could borrow them.

Just going back to the bridge on the front teeth, he said that they would be sticking foward slightly, so I asked if I had my lower front teeth straightened, would it make a noticeable difference to the way the upper bridge would look and consequently my smile (of which I NEVER do). He said yes and that it would take 10 to 18 months or more to straighten them. I asked about the (forget the name) brace that takes much less time but he does not recommend that as there isn't enough long term research in to the results, and that they are not faster anyway. I've come away with the info he gave me and said I needed to think about it all. Oh and to top it all, the repair I had done last week failed today when I got home and bit into a sandwhich. I left my temps in the bread!!! I'm back to square one. Can I use that emergency dental cement to fix it to my filed down tooth and 2 implants?

All my life I have had horrible teeth and a smile that I've been ashamed of. I just do not know what to do. I simply cannot afford to have what really needs to be done and to have what I really want. To be able to smile in public.

Can treatment be staged so that I can save up between stages? I don't have a perfect credit history so doubt that I can get credit to have it done. Pav, what is the cost of a consult with you?

Please check your private messages
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com