Talking Can I glue my temporary tooth?

I have an implant for my front tooth, but no permanent crown yet. My treatment partial was cracked and about to break.

My perodontist offered to make a temporary tooth to put into the implant to hold me over until I have my baby at the end of March (when I will have the x-ray and skin graft surgery to complete the implant proceedure and get the permanent crown put on by my cosmetic dentist).

He crafted a tooth yesterday morning, but as I bit into a bread stick tonight at dinner: I felt it detach. I went to the bathroom and the outside shell of the temporary tooth had broken-off of the material holding it onto the implant- the implant and attached material is solid.

My teeth are really big up top and very narrow on the bottom so he had to grind down the temporary shell a lot to get it to fit my bite- I think this is what compromised it, and caused it to break a day after being put in.

My question is: can I use 2-octyl cyanoacrylate to glue the shell back onto the outside so that it looks better? or is there another material (Dentemp) that I can use to re-attach the shell that will last for a couple of months? or do I just have to wait and call his office on Monday and wait until he can see me?

Thank you very much for your expertise.
    Sherwood

P.S. I will have someone skilled in small scale mechanics to put it in and, would of course, be sure to allow the surfaces to dry completely before attempting to apply glue to it- could there be negative effects from CA glue on my tooth to my unborn baby?
    Last edited by sher232; 02-07-2009 at 05:11 AM.

You should really wait until Monday morning. I know it's a pain but cyanoacrylate self repairs are not a good idea! They often cause a lot of damage

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default alternative temporary options?

Could you recommend any other temporary substance with less risk that would at least help it look better- even if it's not functional?

From what you describe I'd recommend you wait until Monday morning. There is no cement or adhesive appropriate for this situation unfortunately

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy