Thumbs down Evasive expensive dentists

Hi There. It always amazes me that every dentist on this site says " its difficult to say" when answering any questions about anything.

Don't they understand that this comes across as evasive and" shady"

Something along the lines of:

In my experience, I tend to use 12 implants for 12 teeth as this give far better results in the long term.

> hopefully this isn't what experienced dentists say<.

In my personal experience of going to the dentist. all they want is to extract your money and your teeth, so much so that I have spent thousands of pounds at dentists over the years only to be left with only six teeth on the top and eight on the bottom. I even have been told recently that I dont need any treatment but we can do something to improve your smile if you pay private.

£10800 or for implants,£4000 a denture to fit the implants,£350 for a night guard, £380 for a full consultation and the surgery was not even a sterile environment or even very clean 27% apr interest on a loan, no wonder dentists smile a lot.They must laugh themselves to sleep every night.

Personally I am thinking of going abroad to have work done.Living in South London, its hard to say anything good about any dentist I have seen.

One dentist I went to for 10 years, turned out to be double charging me, as I was signing an nhs form every time I went and being charged private fees. I only found this out after he died and I met the receptionist by chance one day.

Horrible experiences where dentists break teeth deliberately during exams to create more work.

I could write a book about bad dentists. I would be nice to see someone saying something really good about a value for money honest practice.

I expect this post will be removed as being "too" negative or, some other category of being against the terms and conditions of the site.

Default evasive dentistry

The reason that most dentists cannot give specific advise on this forum, and rightfully so is that they cannot accurately diagnose or answer questions fully without having a look in your mouth.

Most dentists on this forum give good quality advice and have helped a lot of people on here by perhaps answering questions or helping patients to ask the right questions of their on dentist. This is a free services and so is in no way trying to mislead anyone or to be evasive in any way.

I hope this answers your question. We value everyones opinion here and its a shame that your opinion / experience of dentists is what it has been but this is opinion should not be used to put all dentists in the same box.

I hope this helps

Admin

Obviously all dentists are not the same, otherwise we all would have English teeth..

Oh that's right so many of us do unless we pay thousands of pounds to rectify what this has done to so many of us, it seems to me that dentists are in a win win situation.

You can put many dentists in the same box if you like and say that they are all brilliant, but sadly that's not true either. I have just received a price list from a dentist that charges "From £5000" for an upper or lower set of dentures, £450 for a consultation , £1500 for a Veneer, I guess I would be sitting next to Brad Pit if i went there.

Boy oh boy I wish I could afford this kind of treatment, but with the work I need done , I would have to sell my house and live in a cardboard box. , I would be homeless, but have great teeth.. somehow I dont think my wife would like that much.

Smile

I must admit i agree with a few things here.

My dentist when i was a child deliberately drilled a healthy tooth and filled it with gold... that made my smile horrible because you can see it everytime i smile. its right at the front!!

So i know what you mean by causing more work and costing you more money.

But i'm sure not all dentists are this way, i am registered with Oasis Dental Care and the surgery i went to up in Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham was amazing. He didn't cause me any stress or pain and understood my nervousness and doubts.