Default My brace left marks on my teeth.

Hi,

I wasn't sure where else to put this. I had a brace on my teeth for about two years, where the brackets were attached to my teeth there are little brown spots which I couldn't reach with my toothbrush, no amount of whitening toothpaste, powder, or stain removers seem to shift them.

What sort of cosmetic dentistry procedure would I need to remove them, they aren't massive but I feel they ruin my smile.

There are only 2 things which can cause this.

1. Some bonding resin still remaining on the tooth

2. Lots of sweets while having braces causing decay to start around the brackets

Without a full consultation I can't really say more! I'd recommend you see your dentist who should be able to advise you

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pav Khaira View Post
    There are only 2 things which can cause this.

1. Some bonding resin still remaining on the tooth

2. Lots of sweets while having braces causing decay to start around the brackets

Without a full consultation I can't really say more! I'd recommend you see your dentist who should be able to advise you

Hope this helps
    My dentist has already told me that its definately not the resin because she tried polishing it and it wouldn't budge. It would be decay because even with inter-dental brushes I couldn't quite get to it. My dentist couldn't seem to recommend anything but thank you anyway.

I'd try Opalescence toothpaste, it is exceptional at removing stains
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default Crash Computer

Hello all

What programs do you use to solve Windows freezing problem?

Regards.

Default Opalescence toothpaste

Please could you tell me if the opalescence toothpaste would have any effect (however small) on tetracycline stained teeth? If not, are there any products which would help with tetracycline stained teeth? Thanks!

That particular tooth paste will not help with tetracycline staining. This type of staining is extremely difficult to deal with. I would first recommend you have a prolonged period of high quality tooth whitening (the in office systems will not be suitable for you here). Your teeth will need to be pre conditioned and I have a technique which will massively enhance the whitening effect.

You need to be aware that there is a likelihood that whitening will not resolve the issue, in which case you would need to look at veneers or something similar. I would always recommend whitening first for tetracycline staining as sometimes it does work well

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default Thanks Dr Khaira

Thanks for your reply and honest opinion. It's always appreciated.

You could use baking soda, put some on a wet toothbrush and brush it onto your teeth , this will get rid of any staining, then afterwards always clean your teeth for like 5 mins twice a day and use mouthwash. You can also get a floss called "superfloss" from Oral B, which can be used with braces. - It has a hard bit at the end of the string so you can thread it through the teeth under the wire. use Crest whitestrips, which are called "Blend-a-Med whitestrips" in Europe, you can buy them in big pharmacies or online. They work very well.
    ----------------

Last edited by admin; 10-23-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: no footer links allowed to non dental websites

i would always recommend seeing a dentist over trying any home remedies as these could be dangerous, always seek professional medical advice in the first instance