Default Invisalign - wait or get it now?

I've just seen a local dentist and been quoted £4k (inc initial impressions) to do invisalign for both top and bottom sets of teeth.

I'm not sure whether to go ahead or not, and have a few questions if anyone can give some guidance?

Should I also see an orthodontist? My teeth are very tightly packed, and I am wondering if the best option is to have 1 or 2 removed and straighten using traditional braces. This isn't something my dentist offers (as he's not an orthodontist).

The price seems quite high compared to other website quotes, but I'm in the North East, and am actually struggling to find anyone else in this area who offers invisalign. I've got a real feeling that the price is going to come down soon, and I'm paying a premium for being an "early adopter". Do I wait 12 months and for other practices in the North East to catch up?

Is much experience required to offer invisalign? Do I need to look for somewhere that more patients have been treated?

Thanks folks
    Last edited by Wobblydeb; 04-18-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Dentists who are certified to undertaken Invisalign should be more than competent to do the treatment for you. You are more than welcome to wait but the price may not come down. The cost of treatment is very much dependent on the complexity of tooth movement required. £4000 does not sound excessive for a moderate Invisalign case.

If you have concerns you should speak to your dentist or view the Invisalign website which will also tell you of all the Invisalign practices in the UK.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi

It is very difficult to give an exact quote without looking at the case, but this seems reasonable.

Should you see an orthodontist? Again difficult to answer. You have to feel confident in the clinician, because you are going to be seeing them quite alot during the treatment.

Good luck!

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Thank you both for such prompt replies. Actually I do feel confident in the clinician ... and I think if I waited and costs didn't come down I would regret not going ahead now [and spending another year with these crowded teeth!]

Thanks again