Default High lower jaw angle and overbite

Hi!

Is there a non surgical way to improve an overly high mandibular angle. I have an overbite so intrusion of molars is not an option because the mandible has nowhere to autorotate to.

There is some overjet and the maxillary incisors are retroclined, would
    proclining the incisors and then using the herbst apliance to move the mandible forward increase the posterior facial height any?

It's kinda extreme, but what if the herbst was used in spite of there being no room to move the mandible forward? Would the "slack" created by the condyles move the back part of the mandible to move downward (of course the molars would have to be erupted)?

I don't mind the overbite I'm just looking to fix the mandibular angle.

I don't know if this matters so I'll mention it just in case: I have narrow arches and my lower molars tip inward some.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Sidney,

I think this is a tough question for somebody to answer without actually seeing you in person. Have you had a consultation with a max fax surgeon or a oral surgeon / dentist regarding your high jaw angle issue.

I am aware there are appliances that help you with TMJ disorders and help relax the muscles surrounding the TMJ, however I am not sure if they cause anatomical changes.

Get yourself booked in with a dentist / surgeon for a consultation, many dentists offer a free consultation which gives you the chance to ask any questions face to face regarding possibilities / alternatives and also potential costs and timeframes.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    admin

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hello Sidney,

I think this is a tough question for somebody to answer without actually seeing you in person. Have you had a consultation with a max fax surgeon or a oral surgeon / dentist regarding your high jaw angle issue.

I am aware there are appliances that help you with TMJ disorders and help relax the muscles surrounding the TMJ, however I am not sure if they cause anatomical changes.

Get yourself booked in with a dentist / surgeon for a consultation, many dentists offer a free consultation which gives you the chance to ask any questions face to face regarding possibilities / alternatives and also potential costs and timeframes.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Thanks for the reply!

I'm looking for treatment options that work for high angle cases in general, not for my specific situation.