Default Can an ortho/dentist give their opinion? *Pic Included*

Hi there,

I was fitted with a brace in November of 2009, this is my first brace and I've been on the NHS waiting list for years previous to actually getting treatment at the age if 16. I don't have my documents handy at the moment, but as far as I can remember I had 4 teeth extracted. I'm using an online diagram to try and explain this, so please bear with me if the terms aren't correct!
    My dad never had upper laterals and it would seem I never had them either. I had cuspids (fangs?), one of which was growing in the wrong place and from the top of my gum.
    I had a baby tooth in place of my upper left lateral which was obviously odd and didn't fit in with the rest of my adult teeth. This was removed but my left cuspid wasn't. There was a large gap between my left central and my left cuspid, even moreso because it had originally grown in the wrong place because I imagine I had too many teeth in my mouth for it to come through.

Sorry for the TL;DL factor, I'm almost done! My orthodontist very rarely explains procedures to me. He tells me vaguely what he's doing during an appointment, but I'm not sure of the long term effects my brace will have. I visited my dentist recently and he asked what my ortho was planning to do. I realised I didn't actually know! He said he thinks that he'll fit me with a crown (in the gap I've acquired), then when the brace comes off permenantly, I'll be fitted with a screw in.
    I won't see my ortho for a while now, so thought I'd ask here. Perhaps some of you have had a patient with similar teeth or know the route my ortho is likely to go down. Either way, I'm desperate to know as I do have a large gap and I'm very self conscious about it. I thought it may have closed over but I'm not sure whether it is being kept open by my braces or not?

As promised, attached is a picture. If you need any more information, do feel free to let me know. Any replies are much appreciated!

My teeth, 9 months into treatment:
    Last edited by Sephs; 08-22-2010 at 11:54 PM.