Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Inman and Crossbite

hi, i know it's very difficult to offer advice without seeing a patient, but can you tell me is it possible to correct a cross-bite with an inman aligner?

My teeth are chipped and discoloured and until recently having veneers fitted was not an option as i was still playing rugby.

However i have now stopped playing and i went for a recent consultation and the densist said that due to the cross-bite that it wouldn't be possible to fit veneers as my lower teeth may knock off the veneers when i bite, and the crossbite would need rectifiying first.

Many thanks in advance,

Pat

Hi Pat,

the Inman aligner can only correct mild crowding of the upper and lower front teeth. Invisible braces can move more teeth, while fixed braces can be great when more complex movements are needed.

It is very difficult to say whether you are an ideal candidate for the Inman aligner without an examination.

Have a look at the Inman aligner and Invisalign websites to get an idea of what can be treated with these appliances.

Hope this helps

Best Wishes

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

thanks very much, both

hi
    i was wondering if the Inman can fix slightly pertruding and front gap? please email back x

Hi Nicki, slight protrusion should not be a problem but it depends to how big that gap is. If its a small gap, it is likely that when you bring the teeth back the gap will close. If the gap is big this will be unlikely and you may need veneers after

Hope that answers your question

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

so i would need to have a consultation to decide whether i could have the inman aligner? how much and is there a waiting list for treatments?x

Hi Nicki. The cost depends on the complexity of treatment. If you go to the cosmetic dentistry guide and look under orthodontics you'll see a link to the aligner which gives more details. The prices can range from £950-£2700, do remember that most high end practices have payment options.

Waiting list can be very short. A new consultation with myself can be arranged generally within a week. Remember to always look for the highest quality work, it really is worth it! If you need to chat privately to ask any questions you don't want on the thread you can contact me by msn/yahoo messenger
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

iv just tried adding you if thats what you ment?

Yes but I have not received a request yet. Did you do it to yahoo or msn? or you can send a private message to me on the forum and I'll add you here
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

on msn not very good on this am i. i will look for the private message.