Default How can I fix the gap?

Hi, I have a fairly large gap inbetween my two front teeth which I'd like to get fixed. I'm not sure if braces will work as the gap is quite large and I have been readin about it online and many people who had a large gap said that as soon as the braces were removed the gap came back. I have been a little tentative about going back to the dentist after going about getting a brace 3 times when I was young and even getting a mould thing done for one only to be told that when I get older the gap would close up. I don't know if it was because they couldn't fix it with a brace. i'm 25 now and it has only gotten bigger and now I will have to spend a lot of money to get them fixed. Both of my eye teeth have came through my gums at the top which I will also have to pay to get out. How can I fix them? Will I need a brace or can anything else be done to make the gap smaller? Also my jaw at the bottom is infront of the top jaw making my top teeth go behind my bottom teeth. It is only slightly but is there any way to get this fixed too?

without visualising the situation it is hard to tell, but orthodontics is usually the best solution
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

sounds like orthodontics would be the best options, but as Nick has said , you would require a detailed consultation.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009