Unhappy Composite Veneers- Total Mess

Hi, so here is my wonderful story. I went into the dentist two weeks ago to get my composite veneers on my two front teeth redone, a cost of $600. They looked a little grayish in the dentist's office so I figure they just had to set/cure a little. The next day, however, they were about two shades darker than my real teeth so I called the dentist and he redid them this Monday. When I went in for the second appointment though he seemed irritated and rushed. After asking me how they looked, I asked him to shave them down a bit but they still seemed thick. Thinking I was overcritical I went home. Since my two front teeth were whiter than my original teeth now, I was going to whiten the rest of my teeth with a molded whitening tray I got from my dentist. Only now my two front teeth only fit about half way into the whitening tray. After further inspection of my new teeth, I noticed a yellow line on the side of my right tooth so I called some dentists to see if they would be willing to shave down my teeth a bit. All have since declined, but they do agree that the middle of my teeth appear bulky (they used the expression "bucky"). So today I got up enough nerve to call the dentist and tell him that my teeth are too wide. The receptionist told me that they could make new whitening molds but I explained that is an unacceptable fix. Anyways I have an appt on Friday again to get them looked at, and I feel just horrible. I've never really been good at complaining and I'm just wondering if I'm doing the right thing or has anyone else gone back three times?

sciencegirl

I'd suggest that you ask to speak with your dentist. I can understand your dentist's perspective in terms of fabricating new whitening trays, but he/she may be unaware of how unhappy you are with the situation.

Occasionally things don't go quite according to plan, the key is to correct the problems well to ensure a happy result all round

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy