Default Real colour showing through

I recently had veneers fitted on all visible teeth in shade b1 however the colour of my real teeth is showing through - which is dark yellow.

Please tell me is there anything that can be done about this. The dentist who fitted them says no but I have been to a consultation with another dentists who says there is a special glue which can block out the real colour. If this is true why didnt the original dentist use the glue in the first place. I dont want to have them replaced unless there is a definite method of stopping the real colour showing through.

Secondly, when veneers go wrong, is the dentist under any obligation to fix them/give you a refund?

thanks in advance for your help.

Hi donna,

Did your dentist "try in" your veneers before bonding them to your natural teeth to show you how they would look?

If the colour of your teeth are showing through the veneers I guess there would have been a couple of options.

1. whiten your natural teeth before fitting the veneers
    2. fit veneers that are not at translucent

with regards to refunds / replacements, that would usually be at the dentist's discretion, what I would advise is that you speak to your dentist and express your concerns to him/her.
    admin

Hi,

my teeth did not respond at all to whitening thats why I had to get veneers.

Yes the veneers were tried in but the problem was not evident until I saw them in daylight and normal light of my house. The dentist is not willing to discuss it any further.

So you're saying this glue would not help?