Default Not sure where to go in London?!

Hi,

im looking at getting my front two teeth veneered. I have been to a couple of consultations. Prices ranged from £750 to £1500! I really am not sure what to do as i want them to last and look great. Any help offered?

Default Dentists in London

Hi Tobias,

I am in a similar situation to you. I also live in London and I want two veneers done on my front teeth as my front teeth are too narrow for the rest of my mouth (as I had the width's filed on them). The trouble is I have one of my canine teeth missing and a bridge is there so I may need to have four veneers and an implant to make it look aesthetically pleasing. I have been to a few consultations like you in London and they were offering £850 per porcelain veneer which in my opinion is too much money when it can be done just as good somewhere else. With what I know, my advice would be to firstly see if you can find a good cosmetic dentist outside of London as London is always going to be the most expensive of the lot. I'm on the look out for cosmetic dentists in Surrey as I think the veneers are around £565 around there but I am not sure that veneers are worth over £1500! Why would some cost that much?

When you find a dentist and have a consulation, I would ask if they do veneers alot, ensure you are speaking to the dentist who is actually going to do the work and ALWAYS ALWAYS ask to see examples of the work that they have done. You can also go by recommendation. Try asking someone who has had cosmetic dentistry done to recommend someone for you as recommendation is always the best way to find a good service. But I am in the same boat as you, I don't know on earth who to trust but definately make sure that you speak to the dentist who is doing the job, go to 3,4, or 5 different dentists for their opinion, take notes, ask to see the cases they done and then decide what you want to do. Good luck!

I would certainly recommend that you ask to see examples of work. There are many factors that affect the cost of veneers, and all veneers are not the same. It depends on the quality of the result you desire. That's not to say all cheap veneers are bad nor all expensive veneers good!

I'm aware of one technician who charges £1500 per tooth to the dentist. And yes I would pay his fees, they are that good!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi Tobias
    I would also recommend you see the dentists work. Most cosmetic dentists have an extensive portfolio and will often have cases they have treated which are similar to yours. All veneers are different and usually the price does depend on the level of skill of the dentist and the ceramic technician he or she is using to fabricate the veneer.
    Dr Anoop Maini BDS DGDP (UK)
    Voted top 10 cosmetic dentist by London Evening Standard
    UK Instructor for Six Month Smile Braces
    Aqua Dental Spa
    www.gentledentists.co.uk