Default Cosmetic Options

Hello everyone,

I will be getting my braces off (finally!) next month and have a few questions regarding my options for several procedures:

1. One of my bottom-front teeth has a slight incline to it as compared to the other teeth (not level), are there any treatments for "shaving" off part of the top of the tooth to make it "level"?

2. I have a small surface chip (chip is only on the front visible surface of the tooth, not missing a corner or anything like that) which almost looks like a tiny crater towards the bottom of one of my top front teeth. So:

2a. Are there any treatments designed to fix something like that (a small surface chip) or is it not worth it due to complexity of having to fix the chip (i.e they would have to shave off a corner and make the chip bigger in order to treat it)
    2b. I'm planning on having laser whitening done on my teeth after my braces come off; if there is such a treatment for the above mentioned chip, should it be done before or after whitening?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Juan

I would recommend that you speak with your dentist about your concerns, as without a consultation it is difficult to say what would be the best treatment for you

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Dr. Khaira,

Thanks for the inputs, I will definitely ask my orthodontist at my appointment next month. I would like to get some ideas of available treatment options before that however. Here is an annotated picture of my smile which perhaps could help suggest some inputs.

Great annotated picture that really helps, also feel free to write an account of your start to finish journey in our diarys section on the site as it helps others understand.

If you are having your teeth whitened get this done before having the chip repaired.

The chip can erasilt be repaired with cosmetic / composite bonding, you can see a nice animation on repairing a chipped tooth with bonding here.

regarding your uneven teeth it seems that perhaps a combination of enamelplasty / tooth conturing and cosmetic bonding would fix that problem. But like Dr Khaira mentions a consultation and full examination with a dentist would be best to discuss your options.

You can read more about tooth contouring here.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. I would love to see your before and after photos and we would be happy to publish your story on our website.

I hope this helps
    admin