Page 2 of 2 First 12

I definately do recommend you go for a consultation to find out what is the best treatment option for you.

We can list all the different treatment options but you will not know the exact treatment time and cost until a dentist has assessed you.

Nowadays many dentists offer free consultations with themselves, where you get a full check-up and a treatment plan.

In the meanwhile, I will try and get in touch with some of my contacts to find you a dentist nearer to where you live.

Please feel free to message me if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards

Raha
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 03-22-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Default long span teeth on two teeth?

Dear Twosox,

sorry to read about your problem.

If I'm correct it sounds like you have two teeth remaining on one side of your mouth. Do you have standing teeth on the other side?

To place a bridge in this situation will probably make your situation rapidly worse. The extra teeth on the bridge will create more force on the remaining two teeth. Generally we would recommend you break the length of the bridge up by placing some implants. Implants are very successful once healed and there's very little chance of problems unlike a tooth which can still decay.

It is very satisfying for the patient and dentist to have a long-span bridge since the treatment can be completed in very few visits once the underlying roots have been secured. I recommend you have a scan of your jaw to check the whole mouth and have an implant consultation for the pros / cons of each treatment option.

I hope you find the solution that works well long-term

Remember the solution should make sense!

rgds

Dr Dave Jamus