Unhappy Timeframe to get an Implant???

Thanks for your time today. I live in the United States. My husband had a back upper tooth extracted in March this year. Because of cost of an implant 2,000.00 We wanted to find a cheaper way. We found University of Texas Dental which will only charge us 800.00! But because of waiting lists we will not be scheduled a consultation till October and that's just the consultation. Maybe the actual implant will not be scheduled till the month of November. Is this too long of a wait to get the implant done? Our primary care dentist said to wait no longer than three months. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

I would agree that 3 months should really be the longest you should wait. This would not mean that an implant would not be possible buy your husband would be at a higher chance of needing a grafting procedure prior to having the implant placed. The reason being the bone that the implant needs to go into shrinks once the tooth has been removed.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for asking this question! My dentist said he won't refer me for six months which I would have assumed was right if I hadn't read your question and the answer here