Thread: gum surgery

Default gum surgery

ok so i hav a question for u guys, basically i lost my two front teeth cycling home one night, came over the handle bars, smashed my upper pallete, broke my nose, lost my two front teeth. now its been 3 years since i had teeth.. not too sure why its taken so long, maybe because of the brace im not sure. but anyways in that time my gum has receeded where the two front teeth used to be. Ive recently had implants though, which can be seen here:

now there all fine and dandy, but then the dentist put the teeth in and i was left with this:

u see.. i have no gum line.. i was very upset as you could imagine, waiting all those years to end up with this, it looks fine if i dont smile but im a very smiley person and tend to show my gums wen i do.. i've put arrows at where there are no peaks. im having surgery again in a few weeks to increase the volume of tissue there but he said getting the peaks or watever at the sides isnt that possible.. he mentioned sumthin about gum re-attachment and how it was tricky or sumthin. now my question is, is it even possible to go from that like straight line to sumthin like with nice peaks and stuff..? is it a complicated process and expensive? thanks,
    btw im new here, this is my first post
    Last edited by monkeymaguire; 03-20-2009 at 04:53 PM.