Default Implant killed perfectly good tooth.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

I am only 20, but I was born without my second front tooth on the right side. So when I was 17 or 18 I had an implant placed. A few months ago I noticed some discoloring of my first tooth on the right (the one right next to it) and some swelling. In the xray it looks as if the implant had nicked the root of that tooth although it wasn't this way when it was first placed. It looks as if the implant is leaning over onto the root of the front tooth. I was then told that I have external root absorption. A root canal was done of this tooth a month ago, but it is extremely discolored, and being right next to the implant doesn't help. I am wondering if the root will continue to absorb, but hoping that won't happen.

With the implant, then the discolored tooth, then a healthy tooth all being next to each other it does not look very good.

I think i'm going to get at least two vaneers (for the front two teeth) but i'm worried with them being right next to the implant if this is going to look alright with the different colors since I know they can't be perfect, should I just end up getting 3 vaneers and try to get them to the same color as the implant crown?

Also over my implant by gum has receded a little bit and is a darker color than the healthy gum around it (it was this way since I had the implant surgery) and I'm wondering if theres any way to fix that as well.

Without a full consultation it is not possible to say what can be done. As long as the situation is not too bad there is no reason the work couldn't look completely natural and blend in with your natural teeth

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi

You said"Also over my implant by gum has receded a little bit and is a darker color than the healthy gum around it (it was this way since I had the implant surgery) and I'm wondering if theres any way to fix that as well. "

It is difficult to say exactly what the problem is without looking at the mouth, but it sounds like the post of the implant (which is metal) may be slightly showing through the gum. If this is not a concern then i would leave it alone. If it is then a "soft tissue graft" may be indicated. Again I stress it is difficult to say without looking at the mouth.

Regards

Kal
    Dr Kalpesh Bohara BDS MFDS RCS

View Dr Bohara's profile click here

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire
    High quality general and cosmetic dentistry
    www.dental-suite.co.uk