Thread: Wobbly Crown

Default Wobbly Crown

I had a crown fitted just over a week ago as one of my front teeth. After a week it began to wobble, I went back to the dentist who pulled it out and refitted it. I was told I should be very careful what I eat. I do not eat things like apples but I do eat normal things (sandwichs, pizza's, chicken, etc) which the dentist told me I should try and avoid. Now the whole reason I paid a couple of hundred pounds to have a crown fitted was so I could go back to normal. I understand it will never be as good as a real tooth but im not accepting I cannot eat things.

I asked what the next step is if it started to wobble again the dentist said in these exact words "I dont know"

The front tooth had route canal done, and then this crown has a metal rod going into my gum and cemented in.

What is the next step to improve this if it happens again? All advice very welcome, thank you all for reading.

Without a full consultation it's difficult to say. It very much depends on the cause of the problem. It may be possible to recement it or you may need an implant. I would recommend you speak to your dentist regarding your concerns

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pav Khaira View Post
    Without a full consultation it's difficult to say. It very much depends on the cause of the problem. It may be possible to recement it or you may need an implant. I would recommend you speak to your dentist regarding your concerns

I hope this helps
    2 hours after having it recemented it has now began to wobble again making eating near on impossible as every bite I take I have to make sure it has not come out.

What is an implant?

An implant is a small titanium screw which is placed into your jaw bone and can support a crown. They are exceptionally strong and have an excellent lifespan as long as they are placed well

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Have just been reading up on implants. Can cost from £800 to £3000, cannot usually get them on NHS and they can take months to have done. Once implanted you have to wait for a few months for it to heal. Any recommendations for a place in Essex to have this done?