Default Teeth straightening advice

Hi,

I'm a bit of a dental phobe. Only visited a dentist once in 14 years. I'm now 25 and more self-conscious about my teeth.

I'm looking to get my teeth straightened but don't know where to begin. I see that there are lots of techniques with varying prices. I hope it's not too much of a complex issue to sort out. I'd prefer not to have any teeth out. What are my options? Can anyone recommend a good orthodontist in Birmingham (city centre or near).
    Last edited by Naj; 04-20-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Hi, I was in the same position as you. I looked on the internet in order to find local orthodondics in my area. After emailing three enquiring about their prices I opted for one of them, had a consultation a month later which I paid £70. During the consultation he looked at my teeth, took some moulds and photographs then told me the various options I could go for (3 in total with varying dental aesthetics). He then put these in writing with the various costs for each. I have since had a quad helix fitted to expand my upper arch, will be having 5 teeth extracted June time (which I'm terrified, as I had a bad experience with a dentist when I was young, hence waiting until I was 30 to get help) followed by a fixed brace fitted. If your case if not as complex then your dentist will probably gives you several different brace options and solutions. Get Googling

I had a couple of estimates from different consultants..

Invisalign - 15 months - £3900
    6 Month Smiles - 8 months - £2700

I know that Invisalign is expensive but don't have many reference points for the 6 Month Smiles. Does the price seem reasonable? They both include Zoom whitening by the way.

the price seems reasonable, but the important questions should be what is the end result going to be. This really depends on the experience of the clinician using these techniques.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

I used to have a catch when he was younger and tried to straighten teeth fell to the end! Recently, I started to want straight teeth. I know the answer to your question too, and would be expensive or covered by insurance.