Default I need all my teeth extracted and I look so ugly

i have been informed that i should have all my teeth extracted and replaced with dentures.This is causing me to simply want to die i try being positive then i read about bone shrinking ill fitting unable to eat prperley problems with speech sagging face etc etc i am on benefits and everything everyone says i have no alternitive i have already lost teeth i look awful is there a payment scheme that would allow me to not have to suffer ive got to try all i can i cant go for a job interveiw in order to earn as i look so ugky and there is no smile for me anymore i dribble god knows i cant stand it im having nightmares but i cant reach out to anyone who will or can help me but i will not live feeling like this im already onderweight im already with no self esteem there now is nothing to look forward to i cannot face people and i quite truly am harming myself hating me myself so much

I would suggest that before you have your teeth extracted you have a private consultation with a restorative and implant team. It is much easier to plan what needs to be done with implants whilst yo have at least some teeth in place. Many high end practices do have finance plans available.

with regards to fees, implants are not available on the NHS and the investment is generally more than other work. It really is not possible to tell you how much it will cost without a ful consultation

Hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances.

We see this a lot in our practice. The options you have are:

- a very well made denture
    - implants retaining an overdenture
    - implants retaining fixed bridges

As you said in your post, cost is a very big factor on which type of treatment you can have. As Pav suggested you can consider financial plans. One other option is to have treatment done in stages, ie have some implants placed initially and wear a denture in the meanwhile and consider having some more implants in the future and then build the teeth on top of the implants

I hope this helps

Best of Luck

Dr Kalpesh Bohara
    Dentist in Leicester, cosmetic dentists Leicester dental Nottingham
    Dr Kalpesh Bohara BDS MFDS RCS

View Dr Bohara's profile click here

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire
    High quality general and cosmetic dentistry
    www.dental-suite.co.uk

I agree as to what both Dr. Khaira and Dr. Bohara said. It's best that you consult a dentist and plan an immediate resolution right away. Also, ask some friends if they can refer you to a dentist who can make some payment arrangements.

I wish you all the luck. Keep us posted so we may help you out!

__________________________________________________ ______
    Last edited by Dr Pav Khaira; 05-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Default sammydan101

Hi, I am in the same boat, and I feel just the same

forgot to add that I have a dental phobia too

Unhappy

i feel your pain iam in the same boat

Jame,
    I had all the problems you are having and in 1.5 hours everything was fixed, what is your location so I can help you better with the right place to go?