Default Am I the worst case ever?

Hi

I have 2 missing teeth & 2 teeth where the enamel has eroded away. Also I have a fractured tooth. Am I the worst case ever?

I'm really scared to go to the dentist as i'm worried about what they will think of me. I really think i will be the person with the worst teeth they will meet during the whole day.

Has anyone else on here experienced similiar problems? If you have I would like to hear your story and see how you coped.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I think i spoke for every dentist out there when we say...

No matter how bad you think you are, we have DEFINITELY seen worse!

Get youself along to see a dentist, you know it needs to happen sooner or later, better sooner... right?
    DR NILESH R. PARMAR BDS (Lond) MSc (UCL) MSc (GKT)
    Masters in Dental Prosthetics
    Masters in Dental Implants
    http://WWW.DRNILESHPARMAR.COM

Implant Surgeon/General Dentist- Parmar Dental
    www.parmardental.co.uk
    Associate Dentist- London Bridge Dental Practice
    www.lbdp.co.uk
    Implant Surgeon/Prosthodontist- SparklySmiles
    www.sparklysmiles.co.uk

Accredited Gold Member British Dental Bleaching Society

WINNER BEST YOUNG DENTIST IN THE EAST OF ENGLAND PRIVATE DENTISTRY AWARDS 2009

Don't worry about what they think of you, most will have seen everything there is to see anyway.

Focus on doing what you need to do to get your teeth healthy, I have always been terrified of dentists and a butcher of an NHS dentist didn't help, so I swallowed my pride and asked around, if you know people who can recommend someone that is the best and tell them when you go in that you are terrified and embarassed you will find them reassuring.

I have just done that and the dentist has been so nice about it, he says never mind you are here now and we are going to get your mouth healthy again. I hardly feel the injection, and he keeps stopping to ask if I need a rest, if I am ok and I am. Once the injection is over I can now handle the discomfort. Yesterday I spend 1 hour and 20 minutes having a front tooth prepared for a crown, I sat in the car before I went in crying, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought, and although I am a little sore now I am so proud of myself for having it done, and can't wait for the crown to be fitted.

The cost is a problem but I am using my credit card and if it takes years to pay it off I don't mind doing without to pay for it. My next fear is that I need 6 appointments with a hygeinist because I have receeding gums, but I will have the injections first, now I know they don't hurt.

Don't wait until you are in agony before doing something about your mouth. Your confidence will be so high once you have got over your first visit.