Thread: InMan Alligner

Post InMan Alligner

Hi there, not sure if i should of posted into the IA forum section but could not see others doin that so i didnt want to.. I have just been to get an IA fitted yesterday on my upper arch. So i thought i would make a journal of the progress of it. I am going to take pics every 2-3 wks so that come the end i can see if this actually works or not..Ill get a pic or 2 of what they look lik before i got it put in soon.

Anyway, the dentist said that i didnt need to have my teeth shaved on the initial fitting, she is going to wait 1 wk or 2 before deciding this, personally i dont really want them shaved as the thought makes me cringe..My speech was quite bad yesterday and today, very bad lisp and as i work in an office i need to use the phone alot so cause a few problems but i hope that i can learn to talk clearly soon. My teeth were quite sore when i woke this morning and i the thought of havin to eat anythin made them hurt more lol. I took a pain killer just and they were fine the rest of the day, i even had steak earlier on. Not much else to say, at this early stage, um they costin me £1750 in Belfast here, gettin them done in a dentist and not an orthandontist. Feel free to ask me anythin about the process an give my 2c on my own oppinion

Not been on this for a wile now...kinda forgot about it. Well there has definately been movement in the 1st month and half, quite alot in fact. I have been back every 3 weeks to the dentist to get some shaving off my teeth, this was painless as i thought she was going to use a drill or somethin and leave my teeth all sensisive. The complete opposite in fact, she used a small metalic strip and used her fingers to pull it back and forth over the inside and outside of the teeth. You cant visibly notice any difference as she was using a microscope.

I will defo get some pics up as i have them saved so far.

My speech never really inproved, sometimes i can talk fine then others you would think i was drunk and i get pissed off cause i try to shorten my words and sentences to save me from running into words and phrases with "s" in them plus others.

As my alligner was firmly fixed to my k9 teeth the idea was to push the middle ones out to fit into the mould of the alligner, im starting to see my teeth get pushed at an angle now, ie the bottom of them is starting to push out more and the top part at the gums sitting back.. Im going to speak to the dentist on monday about this as i dont want it to push out any more that it is to create a buck tooth look. Personally i think the spring loaded part at the back needs to sit higher up my teeth in behind. But i will see what she says then.

Il post some pics soon...