Thread: Had enough

Angry Had enough

Hello Everyone

Well where to start i am having the most horrible time right now !!

I have a severe phobia which resulted from when i was a child and a dentist took a tooth out but put his knee in my chest to force the tooth out and i choked on the blood which gave me the worst fear ever, well i found a great dentist a few years ago whi gave me IV sedation and had lots of work done including a temp crown after my old one fell out, everything was going great and really trusted my dentist but then he left and the practice stopped doing sedation, i was assigned to a new dentist who was awful, after 2 years of a temp crown it was never changed an was wiggling about,( it`s my front tooth), she dropped the drill when doing a filling and cracked 2 bottom front teeth, which she left, after missing 2 appointments because i was to scared to go, she took me off her list, so i was left with a loose crown, and 2 cracked teeth, also the bottom crown she done fell out a few weeks after she done it, i was made redundant a few months ago due to the recession so had to find an NHS dentist, thankfully i found one and went along to see him, he seemed lovely, he gave me a back tooth filling which was fine, and booked me in for 2 weeks time, i went along and he removed a large back tooth, which i was having no pain from !!!, well now i have pain in the socket, and the 2 bottom front teeth which my last dentist cracked snapped off today and i still have the front wiggling crown, i have never been so depressed in my entire life, i can`t eat and can`t go out now, i phoned my dentist today and he is seeing me monday as an emergency but said he will remove the 2 front teeth !!!! i`m horrified beyond belief, i look after myself and concious about my looks now i feel like all my confidence is gone and even worse if he takes them out, i would travel to the ends of the earth just for someone to help me get my smile back, but looks like it`s never going to happen, sorry about my rant but i just feel so empty and down right now
    x

Well update so far !!!! i went back to my dentist today and he has filled the broken tooth and it looks great BUT
    He said that he is sorry but once he has finished my last filling in 2 weeks time then he suggests i see a cosmetic dentist !!!!

His actual words were " I think you need to stop spending money on your hair and make up and pay a dentist private ", well i nearly fell off the chair !!!, seeing as i`m paranoid about my teeth and can`t smile i always make sure my hair, clothes and make up looks good, i felt like apologising to him for not looking like a homeless woman

So in 2 weeks time it will be my last appointment with him and seeing as he has said my only hope to keep my teeth is a cosmetic dentist as the filling in the front tooth won`t last and will need crowning eventually, seems i`m going to be in a worse situation soon as i`m out of work and can`t afford private treatment, the hygienist recommended i see my GP as i had major surgery a few years ago and the operation i had can cause Osteoporosis and i have broken bones in the last 6 months from no accidents, i explained this to him but he didn`t even answer !!
    Also recognised i have an infection in a top crown which has come through the bone and can be seen on my gum, and hasn`t given any antibiotics, seems all my hard work of over coming my dental fear has been wasted, now i`m totally lost