I have quite a complex dental history and received 10 years of orthodontist care.... I had two operations when I was younger as I had an extra set of front teeth that were blocking the other set coming through. I had chains attached to my front teeth while they were still in the gums (am sure there's a dental term for this!) and they were gradually pulled down with a brace. I didn't get my front teeth properly until I was 17 and was brace free from 18, wearing a night retainer until I was 19-20.

I had root canal treatment on my right front tooth approximately 18 months ago and then a replacement root canal 12 months ago.... through the NHS I requested to go back and see my old orthodontist at the dental hospital as I was concerned about the movement in my front tooth and how it had become discoloured. And I was unhappy with my NHS dentist...

These are some of the comments made by my orthodontist in his letter to my regular dentist... I have:
- a mild anterior open bite
- somewhat spaced malocclusion
- a mildly rotated left maxillary central incisor
- a discoloured right central incisor

I was discharged by my orthodontist but he is happy to see me again, and he has offered to correct the anterior and buccal spacing if this is something I wanted to persue.

... and my gums are now receeding! My right front tooth has recently been causing me pain again and I am due to see my NHS dentist late december. At the last root canal treatment I had on my front tooth I also had it whitened but it has returned to its previous discoloured state.

I have been thinking about veneers for a long time as I dislike the discolouring, wonky teeth and spaces BUT I'm a little bit clueless as to what would be the best optionfor me....

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated....