Default Veneers or not ?????

Hi i'm looking for some advice really.

I have decided to have some treatment on my teeth as i have disliked them for years now, my front teeth cross over and my bottom teeth are all different heights, but i would like something doing within the next 3 weeks as i have an important event coming up.

I have had a consultation with my dentist and he has suggested two different ways to deal with my teeth, the first is to soften the look of my teeth the second is to have veneers on my top, not my bottom as when i smile you can not see my bottom teeth.

The only problem is that i have a very small mouth, in fact i have had my study moulds done and they had trouble finding a mould small enough for me.

I am worried that if i have veneers (dentist has suggested top 6) that i will look silly as they always seem to look like you have big teeth.

Obviously the cost is an issue as well as there is a difference of £1460.00 involved as to which treatment i choose.

Many Thanks.

Aesthetic re contouring might work, and you can still have veneers at a latter date.
    3 weeks is a short time frame for veneers IMO.
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Thank you, im just worried that i might waste £700 that could go towards the cost of my veneers.

Quote Originally Posted by trace68 View Post
    Thank you, im just worried that i might waste £700 that could go towards the cost of my veneers.
    3 weeks before an important event? I would have to charge you an express fee (double) as I would feel that at this short notice I would be taking on a lot of risk.

what happens if...
    you do not like the result
    the lab gets the colour wrong
    there is a problem with the fabrication of the veneers
    you have sensitive teeth for the event
    i could go on
    on a personal level I virtually never suggest 6 veneers/ 4 0r 8 or more usually looks the best.
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

I cannot have 8 as i had those teeth removed when i had braces as a child, but i will take your concerns aboard thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by trace68 View Post
    I cannot have 8 as i had those teeth removed when i had braces as a child, but i will take your concerns aboard thank you.
    what you only have 6 upper teeth?

No i have 6 upper teeth then the next one is missing then i have the rest of my teeth

you may well be one of the few cases it suits