Default veneers, root canal

Hi,
    In the event that root canal treatment was required on one or more teeth if teeth were too irritated following veneer preps, and the pain became apparent AFTER the veneers were placed, would the veneers have to be taken off and changed for crowns? And would any further treatment be at the expense of the patient?
    Many thanks

Hi it really would be appreciated if any advice could be given on this, really concerned as my teeth dont seem to have had the best luck. If a root canal was done on a veneered front tooth would it be likely that discoloration would be visible through the veneer? Want to be able to keep the veneers if at all possible as they look great.
    Thsnk you

There is no reason you can't keep the veneers after a root canal treatment. It very much depends on how much the tooth darkens. Sometimes there will be very little darkening and othertimes the veneers will need to be removed in order to improve cosmetics.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thank you very much Dr.
    Is the level of darkening related to how well the root canal treatment was done, or is it just "luck of the draw"?
    Also, in cases where the veneers may need to be removed to improve cosmetics, would they need to be replaced with crowns?
    Sorry to be a pain, this info is really helpful.

The degree of darkening is extremely difficult to predict. If the tooth is very dark then it will likely require a crown to completely mask out the darkness underneath.

The biggest mistake would be to select a material with a high translucency, this would simply let the darkness of the tooth shine through and give a dull result.

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

I see, can I just clarify then, is it the case then that there are no techniques as such that can be used to prevent/ reduce the likelihood of the tooth darkening after a root canal?
    Apologies for my ignorance, I just want to get this right as this is my very front tooth
    No more questions I promise!
    Many thanks

There is the possibility of internal bleaching. However this can be unpredictable and will likely need redoing on a more frequent basis

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com