Default Veneer QUalification

It seems to me like there are a lot of cosmetic dentists out there who really do not know anything about veneers. For LVI,(las vegas institute, they take a 3 day course and they are qualified to perform veneers. How is this possible? I do not understand how dentists go to school for 10-12 years then they can get the qualified for veneers in 3 days. It seems to me the the bad cosmetic dentists are ones that just pratice regularly then do these seminars then go to down. Anyone know the qualifications. Another problem is aesthically is judgmental. So they are not liable for bulky,long, thick veneers. If structurally they are in, you have no chance to get new veneers free. my question is how many years of additional school do dentists go to get certified for cosmetic. Is there asthetic evaluation tests.

Unfortunately there are no extra qualifications required to be able to do cosmetics or place veneers. The best way to judge what a dentist is capable of doing is to see examples of their before and after cases. Your dentist should also give you confidence in his or her work.

Dentists are qualified to place veneers once they graduate from dental school, often the best way to learn more is to read and go on advanced courses.

Patients should be able to see diagnostic wax ups and "trial smiles", both of which should be agreed to before any tooth preparation is undertaken. Once the final veneers are in place, they should resemble very closely the trial smile you have approved although look more lifelike and feel smooth and natural.

Before and after photos should look natural, and testimonials from happy patients would obviously put you at ease. Good diagnostic planning, discussions, approval of cosmetics by patients and veneers made by an excellent technician will deliver outstanding results.

I understand your frustrations as I correct a lot of cosmetic dentistry which has not quite gone according to plan, excellence in planning and execution are paramount

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy