Default Discoloured and patches on teeth

Ok i've had discolored teeth for aslong as i can remember im 20 now, some of my teeth have discolored patches which can sometimes be whiter than the rest of the tooth and sometimes darker. So i would like to have veneers put on but im not sure how many teeth would need veneers i think 6 on both top and bottom and the other issue is cost the average price i have seen quoted online is £300 per veneer which would be £3600 in total so do dentist's give discounts if you have more than 8 etc? Also where would you recommended me having the work done? would my local NHS dentist be ok or is it best to have it done at a cosmetic practice.

From what you have described, it sounds like a condition called fluorosis. Whitening is unlikely to help here, it tends to just make the white spots more apparent.

It is very difficult to tell you what needs to be done, there is a procedure know as microabrasion, which often significantly reduces of removes the lesions without the need for veneers.

If you were considering the route of veneers, 6 would most probably not give a natural looking result. Your NHS dentist may be able to provide veneers on a private basis but I would recommend seeing samples of his work first. It would be possible to have veneers done for the price you have mentioned but again, it will probably not give a nice result. To do advaced cosmetics properly, it takes time and a very skilled technician

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for the answer it's good to know what might have caused my discoloration i've done a bit of reading on fluorosis and it sounds like a good diagnosis to me. so it sounds like veneers are more expensive than i thought i was i hoping it could be done for £300 per tooth as then i might be able to have it done next year but it's not something i could afford to have done for some years if it's much more as im currently at university.

Please consider etched microabrasion first! It will be more conservative and probably remove all the white patches
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy