Default Veneer on one front tooth

Hello

I chipped off almost half my top front tooth some years ago. I had, on the NHS, what I think is a white filling, or some tooth coloured composite material, that has been 'added on' to the original bit of tooth. Its not a terrible look, but you can see the join, the tooth is slightly shorter than the one next to it, there's now some discolouration etc, and anyway I was looking for a more aestheticlly pleasing solution!

I've been looking into veneers as this would seem to be the best option, but I'm worried about how closely they'll be able to match up just one veneer with my other teeth. My teeth are slightly discoloured (mainly the 'fangs!) but not too bad, but I would consider whitening, which I am guessing should be done nefore the veneer so that the colour can be matched? Or is that a bit risky as if the surrounding teeth discolour easily again, the one veneer will be left standing out as whiter than the rest?

I live in the Milton Keynes area and am looking for a really good cosmetic, private densits to see for this. Can anyone recommend one?

Any advice appreciated - am new to all this!!

Thanks

Ali

Hi

There are a variety of options to improve your smile.

You are correct that matching one veneer to the rest of the teeth is difficult, but is possible, if a good technician is used.

I would recommend to look at the home page of the cosmetic dentistry guide to see who would be suitable for you.

Regards

Raha
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 10-23-2008 at 08:10 PM.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Thanks for your help - I'll have a look at the homepage and try and find someone locally

Ali