Default Veneer come off twice in a week

I recently had a veneer fitted on a central incisor, which replaced a compound I had from a child. I had my teeth whitened so had to change it to make it match my new teeth color. I have had the veneer put on twice now and it has come off during the night after just two days on both occasions.

The second time I was half asleep and felt my bottom jaw "jump" forwards. My bottom set of teeth are not perfectly stright and the one that sticks out hits the veneer first. The denist took off about 1/3 to 1/2 cm from tooth length and a little from the side so that the bottom teeth only hits veneer. My normal bite feels fine and the teeth don't hit each other, but then again I haven't had in long enough (or even tried moving from soft foods) to see if the veneer would come of in other ways. Has the dentist taken too much off my tooth to even consider a veneer now ?

Would a nightguard protect against this, and would I constantly have to worry about this during the day ? Would a crown be a better option for me and would I be expected to pay for this? Also is this normal or is this bad workmanship / bonding procedure?

I have a holiday in a weeks time, is there anything I can do ?

Thanks
    Duncan
    Last edited by duncanhitchcock; 08-29-2008 at 04:53 AM.

Hi Duncan

I am sure if you go back to your dentist immediately and discuss your concerns then he will be able to solve your problem.

It is impossible to give you the full facts without an examination, and if we do in this situation, we may be giving you the wrong information.

Good luck
    Dr Kalpesh Bohara BDS MFDS RCS

View Dr Bohara's profile click here

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire
    High quality general and cosmetic dentistry
    www.dental-suite.co.uk