Thread: Gapped Teeth

Default Gapped Teeth

I'm new to the forum and have read many of the questions on here with great interest.

My problem relates not just to a gap between my front teeth but to gaps between my upper and lower teeth forward of my canine teeth. I think this is due to my teeth being small rather than being normal sized with gaps.

People have commented on my small, gapped teeth and, naturally, this has dented my confidence etc.

I have had a consultation but didn't take it any further as I was told there might be issues on having veneers fitted due to my jaw being slightly out of line. Is this something that could prevent me having dental work to close the gaps?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed

it is very difficult to say what the best treatment option for you without seeing your teeth.

Sometimes veneers are not the best option to improve the appearance of your teeth due to the "malocclusion" (teeth not aligned properly). You could consider going to your dentist and see whether braces (invisible or fixed) can treat the malocclusion and see if veneers can be done after this.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009