Thread: Overcrowding!!

Default Overcrowding!!

Hi, i'm hoping to get some advice on what to do with my teeth!

My top corner baby tooth hasnt come out and my adult tooth has grown behind it, when i talk or smile you can see the extra tooth and it looks really bad! I've been to my dentists and he told me i would need removable braces to push the adult tooth in to place. However because i'm over 18 i have to go private. I've spoken to a few private dentists and they said it would cost upto 3000 pounds! i really cant afford that right now.

Instead of getting braces is it possible to remove both teeth and fill the gap with a veneer, or adhesive bridge. Which i'm guessing is much cheeper

Please help!! thankyou.

From what you describe it doesn't sound like a feasible option. Braces really would be best for you but without a full consultation it is not possible to say.

I would speak to your dentist as many high end practices have finance options available to help spread the cost of treatment

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

thanks for your reply.

I need the fastest option, and the dentist told me that braces can take a long time. I've been reading around and i've read about cases where overcrowded teeth have been treated by extraction and bridges or veneers, I'm not very sure. It is possible to have this type of problem solved without braces, i understand its the best option but with the price and time, i would like to go for any alternative option

Thankyou.

It is certainly a possibility but I would urge you to consider braces. It is highly likely you will need retreatment in the future which would be more costly. It is obviously up to the dentist but I think you will find most dentists reluctant to take the tooth out and bridge across the gap. Again without a consultation its difficult to say
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Thanks for all your help, I will visit a cosmetic dentist asap for consultation.

I've read veneers and bridges last for upto 5/10 years. Is this true? i understand if i remove the tooth i would need treatment in the future. I might be joining dental school in september so i was thinking i could sort any future probelms out then?!

Veneers and bridges when done well should last longer than that. My point is that brace work would last you much longer. You could certainly ask when you go in September!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com