Default Old veneer needs replacing

Hi there. I had two veneers fitted on the NHS aprox 10-14 years ago now but one needs replacing as my gums have receeded over time. Could I get this work carried out under the NHS? Also, I would like the tooth next to it (canine tooth) to be veneered for the same reason but also it is very fang-like. Would this also be possible?
    Finally, could you give a cost estimate for the work to be carried out privately? Many thanks.

I don't think this will be carried out on the NHS as it is a cosmetic procedure, however your NHS dentist should be able to give you a definitive answer. Quality private veneers cost on average £700-£2000 depending on how good you want them to look. You can of course have them done cheaper if you wish but the overall result is reduced

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Wow that's a bit of a difference!! What should I be looking for when researching for a cosmetic dentist? I've seen that there are different types of veneers available: how will I know what ones are right for me? Are there any particular ones that you would recommend? Also, are there any questions I should ask when choosing a cosmetic dentist? I'm in Merseyside - could you recommend anyone? Sorry for so many questions but yours is the most informative site I've found and you are very reputable! Many thanks for you swift reply.

You'll get a feel for your dentist pretty quickly, one of the biggest things to ask for is to see examples of work they have already done. There is no one particular veneer that I recommend, although there are some I personally avoid. Veneers are not so much about the brand used rather the skill of your dentist and the technical skill of the lab they send the work too. When a dentist understand materials, veneer brands don't mean much. I have never used branded veneers, rather I use technicians that I trust fully from the UK, Europe, Japan, Canada and the US. It's all about listening to your concerns and giving you the result you want

I don't know anyone personally over in Merseyside

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy