Default Veneers to help with gaps and discoloured teeth

I made a thread in another sub-forum about ways to improve my teeth (I have gaps in the top teeth and they're all discoloured due to excessive tetracycline use.)

I'm thinking of getting veneers as they were recommended in the other thread and after doing some research they sound awesome. Can anyone give me any other sources of information and give me a rough estimate of price.

Thanks.

Veneers can be good, however they are not cheap and require a lifetime of commitment. KoR Max Ultra whitening is capable of whitening tetracycline stained teeth and I have done so successfully with this system on numerous occasions. This may give you the result you want and is much cheaper and is much more conservative to your teeth

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's good to hear that there are cheaper alternatives - what could I do to lose the gaps in my teeth? Also how much would the whitening cost approximatly?

Basicly as cliche as it sounds I want the perfect smile for as little as possible

Whitening costs between £150-£1000 depending on how good and stable you want the result, KoR Max Ultra is more expensive but it is hands down the best whitening system I have ever used
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Wow that expensive? So I'd be looking to pay even more for my teeth to have no gaps aswell. Out of interest how much for pocelein veneers that cover the front top and bottom teeth?

Do some cosmetic dentists make it cheaper for anyone under 18? I'm 17 and in college so I'd be willing to spend around £1000 (A few months wages) but would want the best results for that price.

The fee is the same for veneers, it's down to skill of your dentist and what you want to achieve. You can go to see a cosmetic dentist but I think for a budget of £1000 your options will be extremely limited. Quality veneers are sent to a top technician and all of these prices must be taken into consideration

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

OK thank you for another quick response.

How much do you expect me to pay for a result I'd be happy with? And do most dentists expect payment on the day or can you pay it off in regular payments as any more than £1000 will be out of my price range for now.

What are your thaughts on NHS treatment - I have a check up on tuesday and thaught I might ask him for advice?

Tom

EDIT - Would it help you offer advice if I sent you a picture of my teeth's current condition?

Dr Khaira,

I met my dentist today and he's strongly advised me against veneers. He said that filling in the gaps with a tooth filling will be the best option for me, Do you agree with that?

Thanks,
    Tom

This could be a viable option. I also prefer to avoid veneers where possible, without a full diagnoistic consultation it's really difficult to give more advice

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com