Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default worried about veneer replacement I had still having

few weeks ago I had a upper front tooth veneer replaced due to the older one not reaching the gum line
    (it had been badly done but never give pain at all)

the dentist removed the old one and give me a temp while the lab made my new one.

I noticed my tooth was very sensitive to cold and air with the temporary veneer on thought nothing
    of it thinking it will be OK once I get my new veneer ..........not so

new veneer looked great I was really happy until the injection wore off and I noticed if I add pressure
    to the upper right corner of the veneer I would get pain ? if I pushed bit harder to pain will go until I released the tooth, the pain would return until I let go it almost felt like the tooth had a bounce like its wasn't bonded

thought OK this don't fit its not bonded correctly

today I got my dentist to remove it, when he took it off he told me I was right it don't look like it hadn't bonded correctly, he's took all the impressions again and now I have a temp AGAIN

Now my problem...... if it was the veneer that's caused the pain why is it now its gone and I have a temp I still have the pain in the same area ? only now I can't touch the area at all due to a really severe sharp pain

I am worried he has fractured my tooth when removing the original veneer

this is the area I get pain and only this area

Question

Hi Lee,

I am really sorry to here about the problems your having. And I hope you get this sorted as this sounds like it needs to be looked at!

I wanted to ask you about you first set. You said that one of the front veneers was not to the gum line and you suffered with sensitivity? Well I think I have that problem with one of mine. My right front one is slightly (not lots just a bit) sensitive at the top and I am worried this could be the case with mine. However the rest are fine, But I am abit worried about this one, It looks great, But can this cause damage to the tooth or is it ok to be left?!

Sorry to ask you x

no the first one that didn't meet the gum line didn't give any pain at all and it was like this for 8 years
    so I guess as long as you keep it clean it will be ok (not a dentist could be wrong)

it was only after the dentist removed this one the pain started

I wish i still had the first one to be honest

I bet!!!

You see I got mine done in Goa, Which were allot cheaper then here. They look and feel great! But there is always that worry when you get them done abroad you know. I know allot of people that used and still use the dentist in Goa so that’s why I thought “Sod it” I’m going to go for it. But am a bit of a worrier and saw your post and thought I’d ask. Thanks for getting back to me.

It may be an idea to go and see another dentist and get a 2nd opinion, There is no harm in getting it checked out by a different dentist.

Let me know how you get on with it, Hope it gets better.

would be nice if one of the dentists that post here could let me no is its possible that a crown
    could be done or would it be out of the question with the pain being where it is

I would say the area in green is where the pain is coming from

It's difficult to say exactly what is causing the problem although it is unlikely it's anything your dentist has done. There is certainly something going on that needs attention, you really need to mention this to your dentist before the veneer is re bonded in place. It doesn't sound like a crack, even if it is veneers are just as strong as crown when they are done correctly. If needs be then the tooth can always be crowned.

It sounds like you MAY have had a small air bubble under the veneer in this area. Again I recommend that you speak with your dentist

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi Dr Khaira,

I honestly think this dentist has damaged my tooth in some way but obviously I myself am not a dentist
    so I couldn't be sure.

I'm not interest in blame my main concern is for a pain free tooth/veneer.

I am 34 I really didn't want a full crown till am older (keep as much tooth as I can for as long as I can)

I have talked to the dentist twice and he has said sometimes root canal work is needed
    but then he said but he don't think so in my case

I must add this isnt a constant pain its with cold air and water and it pains when i touch it with my finger
    with little to no pressure

what should I expect my dentist to do now ? if I was your patent what tests would you do.
    Last edited by lee5768; 07-28-2010 at 10:50 PM.

The nightmare continues over the past few days my tooth has lost most of its sensitivity to hot and cold
    thats a good thing to me ...means less pain

today went back to the dentist to see what's going on with this tooth and to get the second veneer fitted

new veneer didn't fit

dentist hasn't a clue what's wrong with my tooth he talked about doing a root canal again but to be honest am not convinced that a root canal is needed and i don't think the dentist is either

he says i should get the new veneer fitted and leave it for a new months and see how it goes

OK the injection I had today has warn off almost completely.

Guess what no pain when i push on the tooth

can't need a root canal now?

come on dentists you know you want to answer

It's really impossible to say without a full consultation. I would recommend that you speak to your dentist about your concerns

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy